On International Women’s Day, Asia Art Tours is proud to introduce our inteview with Electronics Artist Coppé! She helping introduce our travelers to the underground and hidden Tokyo club and electronic music scene. Contact Matt@AsiaArtTours.com today for more information!
（ Song: nicola.kettel+coppé)
1. Could you tell us a bit about your background? How did you know you wanted to be a musician?
mmm … i don’t know … i was writing music constantly from waaaaaay b4 my elementary school time … my private music teacher used 2 give me home works 2 complete 3 songs … in any keys / lengths but 3 completed pieces every week … + i used 2 LOVE this home work !!! 1 of these home work pieces won me a japanese grammy award … : peke song : when i was still going 2 my elementary school 🙂 🙂 🙂 since then my career in this entertainment world started 🙂
(Song: illegal lingo.dftram+coppé)
2. How have the music scenes in Tokyo changed over time, and how has that effected or evolved with your own music?
i used 2 host loads of radio + tv shows … most of them featured foreign artists since that was what i was in2 … japanese music scene never intrigued me since most of them were pure poops 2 my ears … hahahaaaaaaa … so i’m not sure how 2 answer this 1 … sorry 🙁
3. You do quite a bit of touring and also live part of the time in the states… do you see travel as having a big impact on you as an artist? What influences have you picked up from other places?
4 me , traveling is suuuuuuuuper important !!! experiencing different frequencies / different food / different people / different language / different breeze … scent … it goes on + on + on !!! cross-cultual understanding is the key 2 open-minded free-flow kinda living + understanding … + at the same time it helps me 2 understand + appreciate my nationality more as well i think …
4. Some people can see a image in their head before they begin painting, or a website in their head before they begin coding. How do you “See music”? What’s your process for composing a song?
this varies … sometimes it’s super pin-pointed + has specific scents / colors + beatz … when the key melody lines come 2 me , it zapps me + kidnapps me … so u just float + go with a flow … some tunes i c the whole planet in 3 minutes … some tunes i’m still wondering swimming / floating 4 ages … hahahaaaaaaaa … time warps …
(Song fly me 2 the mooooooon.atom™+coppé)
5. What sacrifices have you had to make to pursue your art? And what advice would you give to young musicians or artists who want to pursue their dreams?
mmm … i can’t think of any sacrifices … although i still haven’t met with my
dream prince just yet … hahahaaaaaa … i don’t know … but all i can say is … there’s only 1 of U in this whole wide universe … so whatever u do … be U !!! keep on creating what u believe in + do not compromise 🙂 🙂 🙂
6. Lastly, what’s one book, song or film that’s influenced you as an artist?
fantastic planet 🙂 🙂 🙂
thank uuuuuuuuu mattheeeeeeew love love love xoxoxoxxx